1. Whisk together soy sauce, water, sesame oil, brown sugar, grated ginger, m
1. Whisk together soy sauce, water, sesame oil, brown sugar, grated ginger, minced garlic, sesame seeds, and cornstarch. Stir until the brown sugar and cornstarch are dissolved.
2. Cut the fried tofu into 1-inch cubes, then season with a pinch of salt. Heat a large skillet over medium flame. Once hot, add 2 Tbsp oil. Add the dusted tofu cubes and let cook until golden brown on all sides. Remove the crispy tofu to a clean plate.
3. Add the frozen broccoli to the hot skillet and briefly stir fry until slightly browned on the edges. Lower the heat to medium-low.
4. Pour the sauce into the skillet with the broccoli. Stir and cook until the sauce begins to bubble and thicken (this should happen very quickly). Once thickened, turn off the heat and stir in the fried tofu cubes.
5. Serve the tofu and broccoli over a bed of cooked rice, topped with sliced green onions.